Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Today I had an ultrasound (introduction to me)


I woke up around 10:30 which seems to be my usual routine as of lately. Mornings are probably the worst because of the morning sickness, but thank god it has subsided a little since I am almost in my second trimester. When I opened my eyes I saw my mother, Lisa, and all I could hear was her annoying voice talking to herself and the dog. My Mom isn't the typical mother at all. She's not like everybody else's mom that shows off pictures of her only daughter, takes pictures for school dances, yells at her child when she does something bad, or even be at all disappointed that her daughter is pregnant at sixteen. My mother has been battling with bipolar disorder and drug abuse for more than my life time. In fact, she met my father at a rehab program.... a great place to make a baby right? But I do love my family very much as dysfunctional as we are. I'm definitely a Daddy's Girl though.

Once I got out of bed I walked into the computer room where my grandmother was in her usual seat playing Spider solitaire. Gram has always been my rock, even though I think she's as crazy as my mother.. I've been living with her pretty much my whole life, along with my mom too. Eventually I have to leave for the appointment so I call my boyfriend of almost two years, Steven. One thing everyone has always said to me is, "marry someone the complete opposite as you so you have someone to support you." We aren't married yet but I guess I fell in love with my mirror reflection. As hard as my life has been, Stevens has been just as difficult if not worse.

Once we got to the Bio care unit I waited with my bladder FULL more than an hour until I got the ultrasound. People may look at me and feel bad, to be sixteen and pregnant, but every time I see my beautiful baby I don't care even more what everyone says. So what if I'm going to be a young mother? Even if I wasn't pregnant right now, I doubt I would've waited that long to have a baby. Maybe because of my miscarriage a year ago is why I'm so excited? I think the miscarriage in a way has made me more determined to have this baby along with a great successful life. Right now I am sitting here eating American cheese waiting for whats going to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment