Wednesday, March 23, 2011

what do you do

in a situation like this? My Mother has been in and out of the house lying to my Grandmother and me about everything. Yesterday, she woke up at 7pm after my Grandmother put her to bed at 7 am. She had to miss school, (she goes to college) once again because she was too high. And hours later she disappeared. I usually call her Lisa because I don't like to refer to her as my mother when shes like this. Lisa didn't call until 1 am. I was asleep but my grandmother answered the phone and it was my mother telling her she was at the hospital with pneumonia. My mother is so suave about lying she even had my grandmother talk to a "nurse" and the "nurse" told my grandma about her broken toes.... I thought she had pneumonia?

So Once I woke up and found out I figured me and Steven could go drive all the way to Attleborro, 45 minutes away, to go see her. I texted her, [hey even though im mad at you me and steven will come see you today or tomorrow]  Just an hour later her car pulled up to the house. At this point I could already feel the lies that were going to come out of her mouth. Lisa limped in like she was oh-so hurt and I just stared at her the whole time. She said she talked to her primary doctor and he wanted her at Mass General. She didn't have discharge papers from Attleborro, and she drove 45 minutes herself when she was oh so sick... Things weren't adding up at all.

Everyone knows a drug addict. Everyone has a relative or someone close in a similar predicament. But no one knows a person like my mother. You may think I'm sad as I write this but I'm more on the angry side. Angry at my life. Angry at her. Sometimes I feel like I'm angry at God for putting me in this. But I guess everything happens for a reason. Maybe something good will happen next.

2 comments:

  1. I have been in your shoes! My mom and dad were an to a certain point still are addicts, and I to was a young mom @ 19 then 20 then 22 and then 24. But you can do it I can tell it the way you are by how you put yourself out there, Put everything you love into that baby but don't carry hate in your heart much love....Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a mother the EXACT same way as you mother!.. SO I know how you feel, and where your thoughts are coming from... Like my dad used to tell me ALL THE TIME! a drug addict will never change. You can take the drugs away, but they still will lie to you and tell you all the things you WANT to hear, but they are not the things they will really do for you. all I can tell you is that just be there for yourself, and your grandma. and I can be there for you to talk to if you would like?
    Amber

    ReplyDelete